Welcome to Ace Advertising Signs!
A proven sign company in Houston, Texas since 1983; Ace Advertising Signs has been proudly solving sign solutions daily through proper sign design, sign manufacturing and sign installation integrity, along with friendly customer service. We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with the perfect signs for your company and occasions. Contact us today or click the blue button above now.
Contact Ace Advertising Signs for Banner, Banner Maker, Banners, Billboards, Business Signs, Commercial Real Estate Signs, Custom Signs, Digital Signage, LED Signs, Neon Signs, Outdoor Signs, Sign Company, Signage, Signs, and Vehicle Wraps. Proudly supporting the areas of Bellaire, Channelview, Deer Park, Houston, Jacinto City, La Porte, Missouri City, Northwest Houston, Pasadena, Ship Channel, South Houston, Stafford, The Woodlands, West Houston, West University Place, and surrounding areas.
Contact Ace Advertising Signs for Banner in South Houston, Banner Maker in South Houston, Banners in South Houston, Billboards in South Houston, Business Signs in South Houston, Commercial Real Estate Signs in South Houston, Custom Signs in South Houston, Digital Signage in South Houston, LED Signs in South Houston, Neon Signs in South Houston, Outdoor Signs in South Houston, Sign Company in South Houston, Signage in South Houston, Signs in South Houston, Vehicle Wraps in South Houston, and in surrounding areas.
Below is some general information about South Houston:
South Houston is a city in the U.S. state of Texas, within Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan area and Harris County. The population was 16,983 at the 2010 census. It is bordered by the cities of Houston and Pasadena. C.S. Woods of the Western Land Company founded the settlement of Dumont in 1907. A post office appeared in 1910. In 1913 Dumont was incorporated as the city of South Houston. Because of the 1913 incorporation, Houston did not incorporate South Houston’s territory into its city limits, while Houston annexed surrounding areas that were unincorporated. South Houston’s initial industrial activity consisted of shipping produce along the Galveston, Houston and Henderson Railroad. The hurricane of 1915 destroyed many of the local industries. The establishment of the Houston Ship Channel resulted in the establishment of manufacturing industries inland, including in South Houston. Between the 1940s and the early 1960s South Houston found rapid population growth. The city had 7,523 inhabitants in 1960. In 1980 South Houston had 11,782 inhabitants and 303 businesses. In 1990 14,207 inhabitants lived in South Houston. Elephants belonging to former South Houston mayor George Christy, a circus owner, assisted the construction of the Spencer Highway. From the 1980 census to the 1990 census, Hispanics began to move into South Houston by an amount between 1,000 and 3,500 per square mile. Most Hispanics in South Houston were of Mexican descent.
The South Houston City Council establishes city policies, considering resolutions and ordinances, appointing South Houston residents to positions on municipal committees and boards, and establishing the annual budgets. City council meets during the first and third Tuesdays of each month in the South Houston Municipal Court; meetings begin at 7:30 PM; it is open to members of the public. As of 2008 the mayor is Joe Soto. The council members are Irene Tamayo, Bill Kelly, Albert Hernandez, Robert Garcia, and Amy Burnett. The South Houston Fire Department serves the city. The South Houston Police Department is headquartered at 1023 West Dallas Street. As of 2008 Herbert Gilbert is the chief of police.
South Houston is located within Harris County Precinct 2; as of 2008 Sylvia Garcia heads Precinct 2. South Houston is located in District 145 of the Texas House of Representatives. As of 2008 Rick Noriega represents the district. South Houston is within District 6 of the Texas Senate; as of 2008 Mario Gallegos is the representative. South Houston is within Texas’s 29th congressional district; as of 2008 Gene Green is the representative. The United States Postal Service operates the South Houston Post Office at 315 North Allen Genoa Road.
Sections of South Houston west of Old Galveston Road are served by Rick Schneider Middle School. Parts of South Houston are zoned to Carter Lomax Middle School. Parts of South Houston are not served by any middle school and instead are served by elementary schools, intermediate schools, and high schools. Sections of South Houston west of Old Galveston Road are served by South Houston Intermediate School. Parts east of Old Galveston Road are served by Queens Intermediate School. All of South Houston is served by South Houston High School.
South Houston is served by the South Houston Branch of Harris County Public Library at 607 Avenue A. The first South Houston library opened in 1927. In 1937 money was raised to build a structure to house the library; this structure stands in a park next to the current library. In the 1950s the library moved into a building with a welfare office and a clinic. In 1967 the city purchased land and a barracks building from Ellington Field; the city then moved the library there, where it remained until 1991. The current 5,800 square feet branch opened in May 1991.
Source: South Houston on Wikipedia